The Energy Efficiency Excellence Awards, presented by NB Power, are a celebration of the excellence and leadership in energy efficiency happening in New Brunswick.
From leading-edge technologies and innovative ideas, to inspiring projects and long-term efficiency stewardship – these Awards recognize the best of this province’s energy efficiency leaders
This year, the Energy Efficiency Excellence Awards will recognize New Brunswickers in six categories.
The Energy Efficiency Excellence Awards recognize the achievements of New Brunswickers who have undertaken efficiency projects in the previous year or who have demonstrated a longstanding commitment to furthering energy efficiency in New Brunswick .
Presented by NB Power, the Awards support innovative approaches to energy efficiency, and highlights the efforts of individuals, groups, organizations or businesses who are creating opportunities for energy savings and smart habits in their lives, at work, and in their communities.
Categories are designed to celebrate a wide range of New Brunswick leaders in energy efficiency – and their projects.
- Legacy Award
- This Award recognizes an individual, group, corporation, institution, church or government department's long standing commitment and contributions to energy efficiency in New Brunswick, for their support of the energy efficiency industry and/or their influence on energy use reduction in New Brunswick.
- Innovation Award
- This Award recognizes an exemplary energy efficiency and/or renewable energy project in New Brunswick. This project demonstrates innovative practices, scalable technology, green economic development and/or significant energy savings. Projects may be residential, commercial or industrial, public sector driven or community-based.
- Partnership Award
- This Award recognizes a service organization, retailer, vendor, realtor, or supplier that has demonstrated leadership and best practices in helping NB Power deliver its energy efficiency programs. This partner will have promoted programs, helped New Brunswick home and business owners fulfill program requirements and worked to increase access to efficiency incentives for New Brunswickers.
- Community Award
- This Award Recognizes a New Brunswick community or a First Nations community in New Brunswick that has demonstrated commitment to energy efficiency through growing awareness, taking action, and supporting community residents and organizations in their pursuit of energy efficiency and conservation.
- Rising Star Award
- This Award recognizes an individual (or group of individuals) less than 30 years of age who has demonstrated outstanding commitment to energy efficiency and conservation through advocacy, volunteerism, research, education or projects. This individual may be a youth, student, or young professional.
- Education Award
- This Award recognizes an educator, group of educators, class or educational institution that has developed and implemented an educational program, campaign, project or strategy to increase knowledge and inspire action on energy efficiency and conservation.
Are you, or do you know someone who is, committed to energy efficiency? Does your company go above and beyond to manage energy and implement energy efficiency measures to benefit your business and the environment? Has your community or group completed an innovative energy efficiency campaign or project in your region?
If you think someone is doing an outstanding job in being a energy efficiency champion, we want to recognize them.
Why nominate someone for an Energy Efficiency Excellence Award?
- To encourage and reward energy efficiency in our province.
- To recognize those who have blazed a trail for lowering energy use in New Brunswick.
- To celebrate the accomplishments of the energy innovators living in our region.
Excellence in energy efficiency is something we can all be proud of – so nominate yourself, or someone else, today!
A friendly reminder: Please get permission from your nominee before submitting a nomination on their behalf.
The 2018 Energy Efficiency Excellence Awards recognize achievements during the 2017 calendar year (January – December 2017) and cumulative accomplishment statements within a longer timeframe for the Legacy Award.
Nominations are due no later than April 20th, 2018.
You may include documents, letters of support and any information that illustrates, supports and/or quantifies information included in the nomination form.
Supporting material may include, but is not limited to, definitive examples, testimonials, photos, promotional material, URLs of web pages, website analytics, or social media metrics.
All information submitted is kept confidential. No information will be published without the consent of the nominee.
Please fill out the contact information and select a category from the dropdown menu below.
Don’t want to nominate online?
Please share your supporting materials.
Upload pdf/jpg files associated with your nomination here. Files can be no larger than 10MB each. Please name your files appropriately following the format: